When mushroom and beef meet, they make one incredible burger!
For the burgers:
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, cleaned, stems trimmed and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¾ pound 85% lean ground beef
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
For the chipotle cream:
- 1 canned chipotle in adobo
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 10 small whole grain buns
- 2 cups thinly shredded green or red cabbage
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Clean and oil the grill grates.
To the bowl of a food processor, add the mushrooms and garlic. Pulse until mushrooms look crumbly, about 5 to 6 pulses. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the ground beef. Using your hands, gently combine mixture then shape into 10, equal-sized patties. Set aside while grill pre-heats.
While grill is heating, make the chipotle cream. To a blender or small food processor, add the chipotle, yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic, lime juice and water. Blend until smooth, adding additional water as need to create desired consistency.
To cook the burgers: Place burgers on pre-heated grill and season with salt and pepper. Grill 4 minutes on each side.
Serve burgers on toasted buns topped with chipotle cream and shredded cabbage.
- Store extra chipotle cream in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Use it for sandwiches, tacos or even as a salad dressing!
- Any mushroom will work well here!
- Burgers can prepared on the stove top as well. Simply heat 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large, non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add half of the burgers and cook 3-4 minutes on each side. Repeat the process with the remaining burgers.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
- Category: Burgers
- Cuisine: American