Raspberries and chocolate are the ultimate sweet combination! Try these Outrageous Raspberry Brownies because you deserve to be happy!
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 9 tablespoons salted butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350’F. Coat a 9×9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray then line with parchment paper. Allow for a bit of overhang to make for easy removal after cooking.
- To a small bowl, add the raspberries and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Toss together then mash gently with the back of a fork. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Remove from heat and transfer to a medium mixing bowl. Cool slightly, then whisk in the cocoa powder, salt, sugars and vanilla extract. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the flour, mixing until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan. Spread to cover the bottom. Top with the macerated raspberries. Then top with the remaining batter. Carefully spreading to cover the raspberries. Bake for 35 minutes or until baked through, when a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before removing and slicing.
- I use salted butter here because I personally like too. But feel free to try unsalted, you just may need to increase the kosher salt in the recipe.
- Category: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 brownie