Pistachio Pomegranate Tahini Tabbouleh
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! At least when it comes to pomegranate arils and pomegranate juice being in-season! Seriously love everything about that juicy, red fruit! That’s why I created this simple, flavorful Pistachio Pomegranate Tahini Tabbouleh!
I’m Always Riff’ing
I seriously love good, traditional dishes. They’re comforting and comfortable. BUT, you know me, I love to mess with things and see what will happen. Sometimes it’s a success and other times, it’s well, a mess. Ha! I’m happy to report that this twist on tabbouleh is a winner! From the tahini dressing made with pomegranate juice to the little pops of pomegranate arils, you’ll love this winter-fruit celebration!
But Pomegranates are Expensive
Um, yes, they are if you don’t buy them in-season. But when they’re at their peak, you can find them at Whole Paycheck for less than $2! And honestly, it’s the best money you’ll spend because these red, juicy fruits are not only delicious, but they pack a serious nutrition PUNCH! We’re talking loads of antioxidants to keep your body functioning at it’s best! We all need that right now, ammIright? 🙂
Now YOU Make It
It’s beyond ridiculous how easy this is to make. It’ll take you about 30 minutes start to finish and in the end, you’ll be rewarded with a tasty dish that tastes as good as it looks. Don’t believe me? Try it for yourself! Oh, and big thanks to The Wonderful Company for allowing me to develop this recipe for them! Love how much they support and believe in the Registered Dietitian as THE nutrition expert!Print
Traditional tabbouleh is one of my favorite foods. But I love playing with the flavors like I did with this Pistachio-Pomegranate version.
- ¾ cup bulgur
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ cup boiling water
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp + 1 ½ tsps extra virgin olive oil
For the tabbouleh:
- ¾ cup roughly chopped Wonderful Lightly Salted Pistachios
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¾ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (quartered, if large)
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup chopped tart green apple or ½ cup pomegranate arils, plus extra for garnish
- Place bulgur and ¼ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Pour boiling water over bulgur and immediately cover the bowl with a piece of plastic wrap. Let bulgur steam until cooked, about 20 minutes.
- While bulgur is steaming, prepare the dressing: Combine pom juice, tahini, garlic, lemon juice and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Whisk in olive oil. Set aside.
- Drain any excess water from bulgur. Allow to cool slightly, then toss with pistachios, parsley, mint, salt, tomatoes, green onion and apple or pomegranate arils.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with extra pistachios/pomegranate arils.
- Category: Side