Traditional tabbouleh is one of my favorite foods. But I love playing with the flavors like I did with this Pistachio-Pomegranate version.
- ¾ cup bulgur
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ cup boiling water
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp + 1 ½ tsps extra virgin olive oil
For the tabbouleh:
- ¾ cup roughly chopped Wonderful Lightly Salted Pistachios
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¾ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (quartered, if large)
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup chopped tart green apple or ½ cup pomegranate arils, plus extra for garnish
- Place bulgur and ¼ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Pour boiling water over bulgur and immediately cover the bowl with a piece of plastic wrap. Let bulgur steam until cooked, about 20 minutes.
- While bulgur is steaming, prepare the dressing: Combine pom juice, tahini, garlic, lemon juice and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Whisk in olive oil. Set aside.
- Drain any excess water from bulgur. Allow to cool slightly, then toss with pistachios, parsley, mint, salt, tomatoes, green onion and apple or pomegranate arils.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with extra pistachios/pomegranate arils.
- Category: Side