Be a breakfast champion with these delicious, pumpkin-infused, whole grain, Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies!
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (use up to 1/4 cup if you’d like a sweeter cookie)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350’F and cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the pumpkin with the peanut butter, maple syrup, pumpkin spice, flax seed and chia seed.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir well to combine, then add the oats, nuts and chocolate chips.
- Use 1/8 cup measure to drop on prepared baking sheet. Flatten a little using your fingers to prevent cookies from getting too puffy while baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Not sweet enough? Add up to 2 more tablespoons maple syrup, honey or granulated sugar to the recipe.