Sometimes you need to feel like a kid. That’s why you need colorful chocolate covered candies in your cookies. Made with a little dose of whole grains and a little less sugar than other cookies, these Rainbow Chocolate Chip Cookies make the perfect sweet treat.
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips or 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup chopped candy coated chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350’F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, whip the butter until creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the brown sugar and the granulated sugar. Blend about 1-2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined, about 20 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl again, then add the flour mixture. Blend on low speed until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and candy coated chocolates and mix until just combined.
- Drop dough using a tablespoon measuring spoon, on the prepared cookie sheets, a couple of inches apart from each other. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool slightly on the pan before moving to a rack to cool. Repeat with remaining batter.
Double the batch and freeze half!
- Category: Dessert