Pecans and chocolate are perfection! Especially in cookie form! Make a double batch of these Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies because they’ll be gone before you know it!
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toasted whole pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup candy-coated chocolates
- In medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, whip the butter until creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the brown sugar and the granulated sugar. Blend about 1-2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined, about 20 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl again, then add the flour mixture. Blend on low speed until just combined. Add the pecans, chocolate chips and candy-coated chocolates and mix until just combined.
- At this point, I highly recommend wrapping the dough in wax paper or parchment and refrigerate for 24 hours. Chilling helps prevent the cookies from spreading while baking.
- Once you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350’F and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop dough using a tablespoon measuring spoon, on the prepared cookie sheets, a couple of inches apart from each other. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool slightly on the pan before moving to a rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
Double the batch and freeze half!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 24 minutes
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: cookies, pecans, chocolate chip cookies