The tasty goodness of carrot cake without all of the fat and calories!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup low fat milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 cups finely grated carrot
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil and brown sugar. Stir in the nuts and carrots. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir gently until combined.
- Heat non-stick pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Once hot, spray with non-stick cooking spray and drop pancakes onto hot pan using a 1/4 cup measuring cup. Cook on the first side until batter begins to bubble, then flip and cook the other side an additional 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- This recipe serves 8, which gives each person two delicious pancakes apiece.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 243
- Sugar: 8
- Sodium: 254
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Protein: 7
- Cholesterol: 49