Why pay 10 dollars at a restaurant what you can easily make at home? You’ll love this delicious, Fancy Toast recipe that won’t break the bank!
For the bread:
- 4 slices, thick-cut (about 1 inch) rustic bread
- 2 teaspoons butter
For the pistachios:
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons water
- ½ cup unsalted pistachios, shelled
For the lavender honey:
- ¼ cup mild-flavored or clover honey
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender
- ¼ cup goat cheese, softened
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 4 dried apricot halves, chopped
- To cook the bread: Place a 12-inch skillet over medium-low heat. Add the butter. Once melted, swirl the pan with the melted butter and add bread. Cook about 2 minutes, pressing down with a large spatula occasionally to evenly brown the bread. Flip, swipe bread in the remaining butter in the pan, press down with a spatula and cook another 2 minutes.
- To make the candied pistachios: Place the brown sugar, salt and water in a 12-inch skillet. Mix together and cook over medium heat until bubbly. Add the pistachios and cook 1 minute, stirring often. Carefully remove the pistachios from the skillet and transfer to a parchment paper (or foil that’s been coated in nonstick spray)—lined wire rack to cool.
- To make the lavender honey: Place the honey in a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Stir in the lavender. Cook until bubbles just start to rise from the bottom, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- To serve: Spread goat cheese over the tops of the toasted bread. Top with arugula, apricots, pistachios and a drizzle of lavender honey. Serve immediately.
Check the bulk section of your grocery store to find lavender. If they don’t have it, don’t sweat it! Instead, find a lovely local honey that you love and just use that!