Corn and cauliflower are good, but they’re GREAT when roasted and turned into a soup! Warm up with a bowl of this Roasted Corn and Cauliflower Chowder.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large ears of sweet corn, husks removed
- ½ tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 red, orange or yellow bell pepper, diced (reserve some for garnish)
- ½ jalapeño, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450’F.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and add the cauliflower. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil, then toss with hands to coat. Place corn on a separate sheet of foil, drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil and fold up to close. Place corn and cauliflower in the oven and roast until tender, stirring (cauliflower) and flipping (corn) once halfway through cooking time, about 25 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and jalapeño and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cumin, cook 1 minute more. Add chicken broth, bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook 30 minutes.
- Remove half of the mixture and carefully puree in a blender.* Add back to pot. Add the lime juice and remaining salt. Garnish with cilantro before serving.
Make vegetarian/vegan by replacing chicken broth with vegetable broth.
*Use caution when blending hot liquids. A stick blender can also be used.
- Category: soup
Keywords: soup, cauliflower, corn