Build the perfect pizza, right on your baking sheet! This one is loaded with yummy, roasted veggies and topped with crumbled goat cheese!
For the roasted vegetables:
- 4 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1 red, orange or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 garlic clove, minded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
For the pizza:
- 3 whole wheat pitas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425’F and place the pitas on a large, rimmed sheet. Place the pan in the oven for 15 minutes, while the oven is preheating.
- Place the vegetables in a large bowl along with the olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper and toss to combine. Carefully remove the pan from the oven and spread the veggies out in an even layer on the pan. Roast for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Remove pan from the oven. Transfer the veggies back to the bowl. Place pitas on the pan, drizzle with olive oil. Top with veggies then sprinkle with cheeses and a dash of oregano. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve!