Sauerkraut on a burger is heavenly! This turkey burger is simple to make and even comes with a delicious sauce!
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill pickle
For the burgers:
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 slices pumpernickel rye bread, toasted
- 1 cup sauerkraut, warmed
To make the sauce:
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, mayonnaise, yogurt, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and dill pickle. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
To make the burgers:
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Clean the grates and coat lightly with oil.
- Shape the burgers into 8 equal sized patties. Place them on a plate and drizzle with Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Once grill is hot, add the burgers and cook, about 4 minutes on each side, or until internal temperature reaches 165’F.
- Cut bread slices in half. Spread a little sauce on each piece, then top with a little sauerkraut, followed by a burger. Add the top slice and serve.
- Category: Burgers