Sheet Pan Chicken Tacos
Some days you just don’t feel like cooking. I totally get that. I’m right there with you! But before you call up your favorite pizza chain, I encourage you to bust out your sheet pan and make these Sheet Pan Chicken Tacos instead!
Yes, You Can!
It’s a beautiful thing when you can create a delicious meal that doesn’t require a ton of work on your part. I love meals like that. And here’s some good news! THIS recipe is the answer to all of your “delicious meal, little work” dreams! It’s so simple that I trust my 7 year old to do most of the work…supervised, of course. 😉
Sheet Pan to the Rescue!
What’s a sheet pan? Glad you asked! It’s the exact same thing as a baking sheet, baking pan or cookie sheet. Yep, interchangeable. Whatever you call them, they make for the PERFECT cooking vessel! What’s more magical than mixing some stuff together, slapping it on a pan and cooking it? Um, nothing. Well, okay, lots of things, but come on, work with me! Sheet pan recipes make meals come together fast and make for easy clean up. And there are literally millions of combinations that will work with this way of cooking!
Sheet Pan Chicken Tacos
But you know me, and you know I love tacos. So, of course, my default is to make sheet pan tacos! They’re awesome because the whole process will take you less than 30 minutes! Fantastic, right? Not only that, but it’s a recipe you can change around as needed to suit even your choosiest of eaters! Substitute the vegetables with whatever you like, swap the black beans for pinto or kidney beans…you can even change up the spices! See, magical!? But enough of my chatter, it’s your turn!
Now You Make Them!Print
Life just got a lot easier and more delcious with this super easy Sheet Pan Chicken Tacos recipe!
- 2 Tbsps + 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 1/4 lbs chicken breast, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1–2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 8 corn or whole grain tortillas, warmed
- plain Greek yogurt
- sliced avocado
- Preheat the oven to 425’F. Place a large, rimmed baking sheet in the oven while it preheats.
- Whisk 2 Tbsps olive oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt together in the bottom of a mixing bowl. Add the bell pepper, red onion and chicken. Toss to combine.
- Pull pan from the oven and carefully spread the chicken mixture out onto the pan. Bake 15 minutes. Toss black beans & zucchini with remaining oil and salt. Remove pan from the oven, add the zucchini and black beans and stir. Cook until zucchini crisp-tender and beans are warmed, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven and toss with lime zest and lime juice.
- Serve chicken and veggies in warmed tortillas and top with yogurt, avocado and salsa.
Use any vegetables here! You can substitute a blend of bell peppers or add in some poblanos. You can even use broccoli or cauliflower. Just keep cuts all about the same size so that they cook evenly. For less hearty vegetables, such as summer squash, cook at the end with the beans.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican