- 1 small banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk (or other non-dairy milk alternative)
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons grated or flaked dried coconut
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Spread the sliced banana and mango cubes evenly out onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for at least 1 hour and up to 2 hours. (If desired, this step can be done advance, just be sure to transfer partially frozen fruit to a re-sealable freezer bag to prevent it from sticking to the paper).
- Pour the milk into the bottom of a blender and add the frozen fruit, avocado, ground flax seed, coconut and honey. Puree until smooth. Pour into cups and serve immediately.
- Makes 3 cups.
- This smoothie isn’t mind-numbingly sweet. But if you’re looking for some additional sweetness, add a little more honey.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 23
- Sodium: 52
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 5