A salad with fruit is pure summer perfection! I love this one that’s loaded with fresh blueberris and a blueberry vinaigrette.
For the dressing:
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon chili oil (or a 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper)
- 2 tablespoons avocado or canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
For the Salad:
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 cups croutons, preferably whole grain or cornbread
To make the dressing:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small food processor and puree until smooth.
To assemble the salad
- Add the lettuce, cucumber and pepper to a large bowl and toss with 1/2 of the salad dressing.
- Portion among plates and garnish with feta cheese, blueberries and croutons. Serve remaining dressing on the side.
- Category: Salad