Simple Marinated Grilled Vegetables
Do we really need to say much here? No. I refuse to talk too much about this recipe. Why? Because it’s so delicious, it speaks for itself. Not lying one bit. In fact I bet these Simple Marinated Grilled Vegetables will soon become your favorite way to enjoy vegetables!
Make a Marinade
Listen, I love vegetables in their most simple form. I will eat any raw vegetable with joy and glee. BUT, there’s something truly magical about a good marinade. It elevates these already delicious vegetables into something almost magical. That’s why I’m a big fan of making marinades…when time permits.
Simple & Fast
Well, that’s laughable…that last sentence I wrote in the last paragraph. This marinade takes very little hands-on time to make. Your oven and a mini food processor do all of the work for you! If you can peel some garlic and shallots, you should be good to go!
Now You Make these Simple Marinated Grilled Vegetables
See, I’m not wasting your time here. I want you to go and make this marinade now! It’s possible you’ve got all of the ingredients you need! And remember, as with all of my recipes, I encourage you to swap to fit your preferences and needs! If you don’t have squash, cool, use other vegetables. If you don’t love garlic, skip it! It’s all good. So, off with you! Get into your kitchen friends and happy cooking!
Before you Go
You can watch me make this too! It’s a pretty entertaining episode on IGTV or on my You Tube Channel, so check it out. If you need more veggie recipes, see my recipe tab or try my Roasted Brussels Sprouts!
Marinate your vegetables! Try my recipe for simple Marinated Grilled Vegetables that uses tons of flavor but doesn’t require a lot of work.
- 1 large shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon + 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme (or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves)
- 1 ½ pounds summer squash, sliced to 1/3 to ½-inch thickness*
- salt, to season
- Preheat the oven to 400’F. Place the peeled shallot and garlic on a small piece of foil (should be large enough to fold up around the sides to make a pouch) and drizzle with 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil. Use clean fingers to ensure everything is coated in oil. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Place the roasted shallot and garlic in a small food processor, along with the remaining oil, the balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard and black pepper. Blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl or a large, resealable bag. Add the vegetables and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- When ready to grill, preheat it to medium-high. Clean the grates then lightly coat with oil. Drain vegetables from marinade, reserve marinade, and grill 5-6 minutes, flipping once halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from the grill and toss with a little bit of the reserved marinade.
*Use 1 1/2 pounds of any of your favorite vegetables. Just be sure to cut them all about the same size. Cooking times may very based on water content of vegetables.