Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken
It’s good to have a recipe in your arsenal that works every time and that can magically become many meals. This Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken is that recipe! Want to learn how to make it? I thought so! I’ve got all of the details below.
Turn One Meal into Many Meals
I love cooking, but I don’t want to cook every single day. Sometimes I just want to assemble and be done. Know what I mean? That’s why I love recipes that can be cooked once and then turned into a bunch of meals down the road. Take this Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken, for example. The flavor is so versatile that you can serve it in a myriad of ways. One big batch can turn into tacos and burritos, used as a topping for pizza, baked potatoes and salads and enjoyed as sliders, just to name a few. How awesome is that?
Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken
Here’s the other awesome part of this meal – it’s made in the slow cooker! That means there’s very little actual work that goes into making this recipe. Prep the rub/marinade the night before to save even more time. Plop it all in the slow cooker in the morning and then by evening you’ll have pure chicken magic!
Now it’s YOUR Turn
I promise you’re going to love this one. I make the full recipe and then usually eat it throughout the week. Any leftovers are frozen so that I can pull them out whenever I need them. Enjoy and let me know how you plan on enjoying this recipe! Or try it on one of these recipes: Bacon Kale BBQ Peach Pizza or these BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes!Print
Let’s make your life easier! This Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken is good no matter how you serve it. See, easy! 🙂
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (and thighs)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Combine the brown sugar through orange juice together in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken in a slow cooker. Add the spice mixture and rub all over chicken. Cover with a lid and cook on LOW for 8 hours, or on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Transfer liquid in slow cooker to a small sauce pot and set over medium heat. Cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile shred the chicken inside the slow cooker using 2 forks. Add reduced sauce back to the slow cooker along with the apple cider vinegar and stir to combine.
- Enjoy on whole grain buns as a sandwich, in tortillas for a quesadilla, on top of a salad or stirred into a soup! So many ways to enjoy!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
Keywords: slow cooker, chicken, pulled chicken