Let’s make your life easier! This Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken is good no matter how you serve it. See, easy! 🙂
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (and thighs)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Combine the brown sugar through orange juice together in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken in a slow cooker. Add the spice mixture and rub all over chicken. Cover with a lid and cook on LOW for 8 hours, or on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Transfer liquid in slow cooker to a small sauce pot and set over medium heat. Cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile shred the chicken inside the slow cooker using 2 forks. Add reduced sauce back to the slow cooker along with the apple cider vinegar and stir to combine.
- Enjoy on whole grain buns as a sandwich, in tortillas for a quesadilla, on top of a salad or stirred into a soup! So many ways to enjoy!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
Keywords: slow cooker, chicken, pulled chicken