Tomatoes are awesome, but slow roasted tomatoes are awesome-er! Especially when you put them on toast with fresh basil and mozzarella!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper + more for garnish
- 1/2 baguette, sliced on the bias and toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375’F.
- Toss the tomatoes with the olive oil, garlic, salt and black pepper. Pour into a small baking dish and bake 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 275’F and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Place toasts on a serving plate and top each with a bit of basil and mozzarella. Spoon tomato mixture onto toasts. Garnish with freshly cracked black pepper and serve immediately.
How I like to toast my baguette:
Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil or other oil in a cast-iron pan over medium heat. Add toast slices and cook until golden on both sides, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: toasts, tomatoes