S’mores Dessert Granola
Raise your hand if you love s’mores! Yeah, I figured. Me too. What’s more magical than a toasty marshmallow sandwiched between graham crackers and chocolate? Not much! But it’s not always feasible to build a campfire and get to toasting, so what’s a s’more lover to do? Why make S’mores Dessert Granola, that’s what!
Granola for Dessert
That seems weird, doesn’t it, granola for dessert!? Well, it does at first, until you start to think about it. It’s kinda sweet, it’s kinda salty and it’s kinda awesome. So why NOT turn it into a dessert? In my crazy brain it makes perfect sense. And I have to say, I like the results!
S’mores + Granola = Good
Here’s what happens you combine the goodness of all that is s’mores with the greatness that is granola – Pure deliciousness, that’s what! The honey, nuts and oats are such a fabulous pairing for those broken graham cracker pieces, toasted marshmallows and chocolate. It’s truly a match made in heaven.
Now You Make this S’mores Dessert Graola!
The best part of all is that this recipe is super easy. All you have to do is make some granola and then you add in the marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers. The hardest part will be figuring out just how you should enjoy it! May I recommend on top of ice cream!? 🙂 Now grab your ingredients and get baking!
S’mores Dessert Granola! Don’t wait for a campfire, you can make this dessert granola ANY time of year. Enjoy it as is or as a topping for ice cream or yogurt!
- ½ cup + 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup + 3/4 1 cup nuts, chopped (pecans, walnuts, almonds, etc)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup canola, avocado, coconut oil (or any mild-flavored oil)
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup (or combination)
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 3 full graham cracker sheets, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 300’F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. (I like to use my jelly roll pan.)
- Take ½ cup of oats and ¼ cup nuts and pulse for a few seconds in a small food processor, until almost a flour consistency. Transfer to a large mixing bowl then add the remaining oats along with the nuts and salt and stir to combine.
- Heat the vanilla, oil and honey in a microwave-safe measuring cup for 30 seconds at medium heat. Stir then pour over the dry ingredients. Stir to combine, making sure oat mixture is well coated. Add the egg white and stir again to combine.
- Spread the oat mixture onto a baking sheet in an even layer and bake about 25-30 minutes or until golden, rotating pan once halfway through baking time.
- Remove granola from the oven and allow to cool. Once cool, break granola into clumps and add marshmallow and graham cracker pieces.
- If you’d like your marshmallows to have that toasty, just-cooked-over-the-fire taste, place them on a parchement-lined baking sheet in an even layer and broil a few minutes, rotating the pan as needed to get even browning. Let cool on pan before adding to granola.
- Store chocolate and marshmallows seperately to prevent granola from getting soft.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert