S’mores Dessert Granola! Don’t wait for a campfire, you can make this dessert granola ANY time of year. Enjoy it as is or as a topping for ice cream or yogurt!
- ½ cup + 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup + 3/4 1 cup nuts, chopped (pecans, walnuts, almonds, etc)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup canola, avocado, coconut oil (or any mild-flavored oil)
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup (or combination)
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 3 full graham cracker sheets, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 300’F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. (I like to use my jelly roll pan.)
- Take ½ cup of oats and ¼ cup nuts and pulse for a few seconds in a small food processor, until almost a flour consistency. Transfer to a large mixing bowl then add the remaining oats along with the nuts and salt and stir to combine.
- Heat the vanilla, oil and honey in a microwave-safe measuring cup for 30 seconds at medium heat. Stir then pour over the dry ingredients. Stir to combine, making sure oat mixture is well coated. Add the egg white and stir again to combine.
- Spread the oat mixture onto a baking sheet in an even layer and bake about 25-30 minutes or until golden, rotating pan once halfway through baking time.
- Remove granola from the oven and allow to cool. Once cool, break granola into clumps and add marshmallow and graham cracker pieces.
- If you’d like your marshmallows to have that toasty, just-cooked-over-the-fire taste, place them on a parchement-lined baking sheet in an even layer and broil a few minutes, rotating the pan as needed to get even browning. Let cool on pan before adding to granola.
- Store chocolate and marshmallows seperately to prevent granola from getting soft.
- Category: Dessert