- 3 medium (1 ¼ pounds) Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- Preheat the oven to 375’F and lightly grease an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Toss the apples with the brown sugar, lemon juice and flour in a large bowl. Pour into prepared dish.
- Place the oats in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until mixture looks like coarse flour, about 10 seconds. Add the flour, brown sugar, salt and baking powder to the oats in the food processor and pulse to combine. Add the butter and process until mixture resembles wet sand, about 20-25 seconds. Sprinkle mixture over apples and bake until topping is golden and apples are bubbly, about 45-50 minutes.
Make it gluten free by swapping in all purpose gluten free flour for the whole wheat flour.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert