You won’t find these Spicy Grilled Vegetable Tacos in Taco! Taco! Taco! Consider this my summer taco gift to you! Because what’s better than grilled food in the summer!
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped jalapeño
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 portobello mushroom caps, gills and stems removed
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into planks
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and cut into planks
- 1 zucchini, cut into planks
- 1 yellow squash, cut into planks
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 ears corn, husked, silks removed
- 8 corn or whole grain tortillas, warmed
- toppings: avocado, salsa, plain Greek yogurt, cilantro
- Place all of the marinade ingredients in a blender or small food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into a re-sealable gallon-size plastic bag. Add the mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, squash and onion. Seal the bag and rotate gently to coat the vegetables in the marinade. Place in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- When ready to grill, preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Clean and oil grates. Remove vegetables from marinade and tap to remove excess. Reserve the marinade. Place mushrooms on prepared grill, gill side up and cook 10 minutes. Flip the caps and add remaining veggies and corn. Grill for another 10 minutes, flipping once halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from grill and let cool slightly. Chop veggies into bite-size pieces. Cut corn kernels from the cob. Serve in warmed tortillas topped with avocado, salsa and yogurt.