Bored with traditional pesto? I was too! And you know what I found out? That Spinach Cashew Pesto is pretty darn good!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2–3 cloves roasted or raw garlic
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves, washed
- 3 ounces washed baby spinach (about 3 cups lightly packed)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- To a blender, add the cashews, garlic and basil. Pulse a few times, scrape down sides, pulse a few more times, scrape down again.
- Add half of the spinach and a few dashes of water and blend until combined. Add remaining spinach along with the salt, pepper and olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and pulse until just combined.
To store the pesto, place it in a jar, then top with 1/2 inch of olive oil. Cover and refrigerate.