Sriracha Sweet Potato Fries
If you’re anything like me, you’re always looking for ways to re-invent the food you eat. Sometimes this is a good thing, other times, it’s not such a good thing. In the case of these Sriracha Sweet Potato Fries, it’s a VERY good thing.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you in partnership with Yellowbird Foods. And just so you know, I only work with brands I love and use in my own home!
Failure or Success?
I love cooking because it’s my creative outlet. I’m always looking to try something new or combine flavors in a different way. It’s fun and for some reason, it makes me really happy. So I just keep doing it! And the funny thing is, even if it’s a total failure, I don’t care! Unlike so many other areas in my life, failure in the kitchen never makes me mad. Instead, it inspires me to try again until I get it right.
Sriracha Sweet Potato Fries.
I’ve been making sweet potato fries for a freaking long time. I could make them with my eyes closed and my hands tied behind my back. Okay, maybe not, but you know what I mean. They’re easy for me. So that meant it was time to mix things up! And there’s no better way than SPICING things up! So I grabbed a bottle of my favorite hot sauce and got to mixing and roasting. And you know what happened? Something REALLY good!
Your New Fav Side Dish!
These Sriracha Sweet Potato Fries are crispy, spicy and full of flavor. And they are even more delicious when you dip them in the Sweet and Savory Ketchup. I believe these will be your new favorite side dish! Don’t believe me? Well, then give them a try! And if you’re looking to get your hands on this yummy Yellowbird line of sauces, check out their store locator!Print
Sriracha Sweet Potato Fries
Every night should be Sriracha Sweet Potato Fries Night! These fries are perfectly sweet and slightly spicy; the perfect side to almost any meal!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Yellowbird Blue Agave Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Sweet & Savory Ketchup
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- shredded parmesan cheese
- chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425’F and coat a large, rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Cut the potatoes into ¼-inch thick strips, about 2 ½ inches long. Place potatoes in a large mixing bowl and add the remaining oil, along with the salt and Sriracha. Toss to combine. Add the cornstarch and toss until well-coated. Spread potatoes out evenly onto prepared pan.
- Roast 30 minutes, stir once, then cook an additional 10 minutes, or until crispy and browned.
- While fries are baking, make the Sweet & Savory Ketchup- Combine the ketchup, soy sauce and apricot preserves in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese and cilantro and serve with ketchup.