Enjoy summer in salad form! Nothing beats a satisfying, refreshing bowl of veggies, fruits and whole grains! Set this Summer Grain Salad on repeat!
For the dressing
- ½ cup seedless watermelon, cut into small cubes
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ¼ cup avocado oil
For the salad
- 3 cups cooked wheat berries*
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted & chopped
- ½ cup cooked corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced small
- 1 cup seedless watermelon, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup fresh mint, thinly sliced
To make the dressing:
- Combine the watermelon, mustard, honey, vinegar and salt together in a blender or small food processor. Blend until combined. Add the oil and blend again. Set aside.
To make the salad:
- Place the wheat berries on the bottom of a large serving bowl. Top with blueberries, walnuts, corn, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, onion and watermelon. Toss to combine. Drizzle with dressing and toss again. Garnish with feta cheese and mint.
* To cook wheat berries: rinse 1 cup of wheat berries and place in the bottom of an Instant Pot. Add 3 cups of water and cover with the lid. Cook using manual function for 30 minutes. Slow release for 10 minutes, then manually release remaining pressure.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Salad
Keywords: salad, watermelon, whole grains