Sometimes you want breakfast to taste like a treat. But you have to go crazy. Try these Graham Cracker Pancakes for a fun twist on breakfast!
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, vanilla and brown sugar. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir gently until combined.
- Heat non-stick pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Once hot, spray with non-stick cooking spray and drop pancakes onto hot pan using a 1/8 or a half-filled 1/4 cup measuring cup, spread out into a 4-inch circle. Cook on the first side until batter begins to bubble, then flip and cook the other side an additional 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
Serves 5, 2 pancakes each