Friday is Pizza Night! If you love BBQ sauce and bacon, you’ll love this Sweet Potato BBQ Bacon Pizza! @cookinRD | sarahaasrdn.com
- 1 pound whole grain pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups spiralized sweet potato
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 pepperoncinis, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425’F and move a rack to the bottom of the oven. If you have a pizza stone, place it on the rack.
- While oven is preheating, prepare the pizza. Place a large sheet of parchment paper on an un-rimmed baking sheet and dust lightly with cornmeal. Shape dough into a 12-inch circle (I use my hands for this, but you could also roll it out.) and place on the parchment paper.
- Spread the BBQ sauce over the pizza dough then top with the onions, sweet potato, bacon and pepperoncinis. Sprinkle cheese over the top and dust with Italian seasoning.
- Transfer pizza to the oven using the baking sheet. Carefully slide the pizza and parchment from the baking sheet onto the baking stone. Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven using the same baking sheet or a large cutting board. Slice and serve.
You can buy sweet potatoes already spiralized, or if you have a spiralizer, you can do the spiralizing at home.
- Category: Pizza