The Best Homemade Pumpkin Bread
Is it truly the best? I’ll let YOU decide! Grab my recipe for the Best Homemade Pumpkin Bread below!
I pretty much love pumpkin bread. It’s my favorite of all quick breads. BUT, I’m a pumpkin bread snob and I’m not afraid to announce it. I don’t want a healthy version and I don’t want one that’s dry or tasteless. Yuck. Instead, I want something loaded with spice and lots of pumpkin flavor. It’s gotta have some sugar in in it and it MUST be moist.
That’s Why I Made this Recipe
I made this recipe because I didn’t want to rely on Starbucks for my pumpkin-bread desires. And when have I ever shied away from making my own delicious treats? Um, NEVER! So, I set about to do some serious research. Here’s what I learned.
- Use the right pan! Pan size matters. This recipe fits perfectly in an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 – inch pan. Use that one for a tall, delicious loaf!
- Coat only the bottom of the pan. That’s right. Just the bottom is all you need because your batter needs something to hold on to while it rises in the oven.
- Keep an eye on it. We often rely too heavily on recipes to tell us when something is done. But it’s more important to use your eyes and other sense to register “doneness.” You know your oven better than anyone, so if it runs hot, turn the temp down a bit and adjust your time.
Now You Make It!
The time has come! I want you to make this bread now. Don’t worry, you’ll get it right and it will be awesome. In fact, it’ll be so good, you’ll wish you had made two loaves. Let me know what you think. And if you’re interested, watch me make it on Instagram or my YouTube channel.
When your bread tastes like how fall feels, then you know it’s a winner! And that it has to be THIS Best Homemade Pumpkin Bread!
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons canola or avocado oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour (or equal combination of both)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350’F and coat just the bottom of an 8 ½” x 4 ½” pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the eggs, oil, sugars and pumpkin together in a large bowl. Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl. Pour dry ingredients into bowl with wet ingredients and stir to combine. Do not over-mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until cooked through and golden, 50-60 minutes. Bread is done when toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Then remove from pan and return to rack to finish cooling.