Thick Double Chocolate Brownies
There are 3 things you should know about me. 1) I love chocolate 2) I love brownies and 3) I LOVE Halloween! I made these Thick, Double Chocolate Brownies to celebrate all of my loves!
I Love Chocolate!
I love it! And I have ever since I was a little girl. Whenever I got home from trick-or-treating, it was always the chocolate I went to first. Give me the Snickers, the Milky Ways, the Whatchamacallits, the 3 Muskateers! Yum! Even a Hershey Kiss was an amazing treat in my eyes. Not much has changed. I still love all of those chocolate candy bars. Delicious memories!
I Love Brownies! (Especially these Thick, Double Chocolate Brownies!)
If you were to ask me what my favorite dessert is, it would be brownies. Yes, I love all desserts, but this one tops my list. A good, fudgy brownie that’s decadently chocolate! And bonus if you want to throw in raspberries or a caramel filling! Nothing makes me happier. Except maybe pizza or tacos. Or finding a cure for COVID-19…but I digress.
I Love Halloween!
I’ve written about my love of Halloween several times, but this time of year always has me feeling wistful. I love all of my Halloween memories as a kid. So much fun and so much candy! I would spend HOURS trick-or-treating and I loved every minute of it. Thankfully, the little sous chef loves it too. So now I get to re-live it all through her! Woo hoo!
Halloween may look a bit different this year, but that’s okay! Even if we don’t go trick-or-treating, you know we’ll be whipping up a bath of these brownies. And you should do the same! Grab the recipe below and don’t forget that it’s okay to have a little fun, okay! 🙂Print
A regular brownie is good, but a thick, Double Chocolate Brownie is so much better! Learn how easy they are to make!
For the brownies:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
For the frosting:
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1–2 tablespoons milk
To make the brownies
- Preheat the oven to 325’F and line a brownie pan (or 8×8-inch pan) with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a medium bowl. Stream in the melted butter and stir to combine. Stir in the vanilla extract and eggs. Add the flour and stir until just mixed. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool in pan before frosting.
To make the frosting
- In large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well between each addition. Add the vanilla and salt. Then add the milk as needed to achieve desired consistency. Frost brownies and enjoy!
- Category: Desserts