A regular brownie is good, but a thick, Double Chocolate Brownie is so much better! Learn how easy they are to make!
For the brownies:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
For the frosting:
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1–2 tablespoons milk
To make the brownies
- Preheat the oven to 325’F and line a brownie pan (or 8×8-inch pan) with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a medium bowl. Stream in the melted butter and stir to combine. Stir in the vanilla extract and eggs. Add the flour and stir until just mixed. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool in pan before frosting.
To make the frosting
- In large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well between each addition. Add the vanilla and salt. Then add the milk as needed to achieve desired consistency. Frost brownies and enjoy!
- Category: Desserts