Who knew making panna cotta was so easy? Well it is and you should try this Vanilla Skyr Panna Cotta because it’s a fun twist on this delicious dessert.
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons unflavored powdered gelatin
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 rounded tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain skyr or Greek yogurt
- 5 ounces frozen raspberries, chopped
- shaved dark chocolate, garnish
- confectioner’s sugar, garnish
- Place milk in small mixing bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over the top. Let sit for about 5 minutes to soften (bloom).
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream, sugar and vanilla. Set over medium heat and stir to dissolve sugar, about 3-5 minutes. Do not let it boil.
- Take the pan off of the heat and whisk in the gelatin mixture, stirring until dissolved. Check to see if gelatin is fully dissolved by rubbing the mixture between your fingers. If you feel any grittiness, set the pan back on the heat and cook a few minutes longer. Whisk in skyr.
- Pour into four 4-ounce ramekins and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- For serving: Top with raspberries and chocolate shavings and sprinkle of confectioner’s sugar.