When life comes at you fast, you may need a meal idea just as fast. These Vegetarian Muffin Tin Tacos come together quickly with kitchen food staples! They’re also gluten free!
- 24 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed (or 1 3/4 cups cooked)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup shredded carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- plain Greek yogurt, for serving
- salsa, for serving
- 1 avocado, sliced, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350’F.
- Cut circles out of tortillas using a 3 3/4-4-inch round cookie cutter. Place 1 tortilla round into a 24 cup muffin tin cup (or two 12 cup muffin tins) and press into muffin cup using a juice glass or deep measuring cup. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Toss beans with salt, cumin, carrot and onions. Distribute half of the cheese among the tortilla cups. Top with a rounded tablespoon of bean mixture, then remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes, carefully remove then top with yogurt and salsa just before serving.
Top these little taco cups with anything! Jalapeño slices, shredded lettuce, whatever your heart desires!
- Category: Tacos