Weeknight Chicken Burgers
Time. If there’s one thing I hear from you is that you don’t have enough time to cook. I get it. I’m always wondering how the day slips by so quickly. But here’s what else I know, you actually DO have time to cook. Hear me out! It’s not the amount of time you have that’s the issue, it’s what you choose to do with it. Read on and grab my recipe for these time-conscious Weeknight Chicken Burgers!
You’ve Got the Time
I can already see your face turning red and hear you swearing at me under your breath. But here’s the deal. With a super tiny amount of planning, you can have dinner ready in less than 30 minutes…any night of the week. Here’s the problem though. The time you could spend doing that tiny amount of planning is often used doing something else. Maybe it’s checking your IG account or taking out the trash. Both are things that somehow “fit” into daily living, so why not meal planning and cooking? The bigger problem is that you aren’t MAKING time for meal planning or cooking. So change what you do with your time and you’ll see, you can cook any night of the week.
Whew, that wasn’t so bad, was it? You’re not mad at me anymore, right? 🙂 Good! Let’s move on then. The other key to all of this is to keep dinner simple. Look for shortcuts, find recipes that don’t require a bunch of chopping or front-end work, prep when you can, and use your slow cooker, Instant pot or other device that can help speed the process up. In other words, work smarter, not harder! Take these Chicken Burgers, they are NOT complicated and I firmly believe that ANYONE can make a burger with a yummy sauce. So go ahead, make ’em, you’ve got the time! 😉Print
You do have time! These simple Weeknight Chicken Burgers come together quickly and taste delicious!
For the Burgers
- vegetable oil, as needed for grill
- 1 ¼ pound ground chicken (breast or thigh or combination)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeño (add more for additional heat)
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons minced white onion
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup bread crumbs, preferably whole wheat
For the Mayo:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 small, whole wheat rolls, halved and toasted
- avocado, red onion, lettuce, tomato
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat or set a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush grates of grill lightly with oil or coat grill pan lightly with oil.
- Combine the ground chicken, garlic, jalapeño, chili powder, onion, salt, pepper and bread crumbs together in a large bowl. Mix with clean hands until just combined. Shape into 8, equal-size patties.
- Once grill is hot, add the patties. Cook about 14 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165’F, flipping once halfway through cooking time.
- To make the Garlic Cilantro Mayo: Combine the garlic, cilantro, mayonnaise and lime juice in a small food processor and puree until smooth, adding water, if needed to thin to desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Alternatively, finely chop cilantro and mix by hand with the garlic, mayonnaise and lime juice.
- To serve: Place burgers on toasted buns, top with Garlic Cilantro Mayo and toppings of your choice.
- Category: Burgers
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: burgers, chicken, weeknight