White Chocolate Chip Blondie Sandwich Bites
I may be slightly obsessed when it comes to baking. Have you noticed? When life gets crazy, I bake. And luckily, I’ve got plenty of inspiration for new desserts! I’m pretty pumped to share my newest baking success story – White Chocolate Chip Blondie Sandwich Bites!
Pastry School or Culinary School?
Here’s a little known fact about me, I almost went to pastry school instead of culinary school. It’s true! I looked at lots of them and wistfully dreamt about piping bags and piping tips, pate a choux and profiteroles. But then I came to my senses! A little voice said, “go to culinary school, you are NOT cut out for pastry school.” Good thing I listened to that little voice!
Definitely Culinary School
Why was it good? Well, for many reasons. One of the biggest being that baking is a hobby, something I find fun and relaxing. For me, it’s like exercise (yes, I see the irony in this analogy), a way to de-stress and relax. I didn’t want baking to feel like “work.” And when I got to culinary school and watched my pastry counterparts quietly sweating and measuring ingredients on scales looking, dare I say it, stressed, I patted myself on the back for making a good decision. I didn’t want to be them.
No Gourmet Desserts Here
So, that’s why dessert here on my blog is ALWAYS fun. You probably won’t see layered cakes or fancy sugared creations, because that’s just not me. I’m a midwestern girl who likes a good, sweet, traditional dessert. And that’s what you’re going to get! Which leads me to…
White Chocolate Blondie Sandwich Bites
Today’s featured recipe! White Chocolate Blondie Chip Blondie Bites. Inspired by the Recipe Redux’s anniversary (love this group of foodie, nutrition-loving bloggers!) and my little sous chef. I love a good bar recipe and usually rely heavily on chocolate, but figured blondies would be a little more festive. And I know the little sous chef loves sprinkles, so of course, those were a requirement. Luckily, these were a hit and as the name suggests, the perfect bite!
Your turn! Give these little beauties a try. They’re perfect for any festive (or non-festive) occasion (or non-occasion)! I’d love to hear what your favorite dessert is too! Share your fav in the comments section below. Because, well, I love dessert! Happy baking!
White Chocolate Chip Blondie Sandwich Bites
- Yield: 40 bite-sized squares 1x
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white, whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (mini size preferred)
- Buttercream frosting
- 2–3 tablespoons sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350’F. Line a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2-inch jelly roll pan with foil. Cut the foil large enough so that it hangs over the edges. Coat foil with non-stick spray, oil or melted butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder and salt. In a seperate medium bowl, whisk together the butter and brown sugar until well combined. Mix in the eggs and the vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture. Then mix in the chocolate chips. Note batter will be very stiff.
- Transfer batter to the prepared pan and using oiled fingers, spread out to fill the pan. (It will seem like you don’t have enough, but you do, I promise!)
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden, then cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Make the buttercream frosting.
- Once blondies are cool, remove from the pan and place on a cutting board. Slice in half vertically. Spread icing over one half, then top with the other half. Cut into bite-sized squares and roll in sprinkles.
Love this idea!! They are so adorable and fun!!! I LOVE to destress with exercise and baking as well! HA! Glad to know I’m not the only one who adores that combo!
Yay, a fellow baker dietitian! So wonderful!
I’ll take all of these! :p So adorable! I also use baking as a way to destress. Something about it, just melts my stress away!
Yay! So glad I’m not the only one! Baking is the best!
I may want these before my birthday! So cute!
Oh Marisa, if you were here, I’d make them for your birthday!!!! 🙂
I would so love to go to culinary school someday! *-* I’d be terrible as a pastry chef, but I love looking at pretty/tasty desserts, and these look all kinds of awesome! I love blondies, and the sprinkles make these so fun!
You’re so sweet! Thanks so much Farrah. And culinary school is always a possibility, but there are certainly other less expensive ways to learn kitchen skills! 😉
Oh I would love a go around pastry class, but the two facts that I enjoy baked goods more than is likely acceptable to continue calling myself a dietitian and that the gluten would literally kill me keep me from jumping in! These treats look so fun and delicious… and anything with sprinkles is always a winner!! Xo
These are just the cutest dessert bites ever! Pinned 🙂
Love the look of these! Great recipe:) #RecipeRedux
Cute, colorful, and they probably taste just as delightful!