Looking for a super-tender, whole grain snack? Then these whole grain banana nut muffins are for you!
- 1 cup lightly scooped white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup lightly scooped whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 medium very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- turbinado sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375’F and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, mashed bananas, egg, sugar and vanilla. Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently stir in chopped nuts. Garnish tops with a sprinkle of turbinado sugar, if desired.
- Fill muffin cups three-quarters full and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in tin for at least 10 minutes before enjoying.
Need some chocolate? Add 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips to the batter!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
- Category: Muffins
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 12
- Sodium: 262
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 28
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 16