Got leftover eggnog in your fridge? Don’t drink it! Use it to make these super delicious and EASY-to-make Whole Wheat Eggnog Waffles!
- 1 ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup eggnog
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter, cooled (or vegetable oil)
- Optional mix-ins: ¼ cup chopped pecans, ½ cup fresh cranberries
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the egg, eggnog, milk, sugar and butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir in optional mix-ins, if desired.
- Pour the batter into waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve topped with a sprinkle of powdered sugar or a light drizzle of pure maple syrup.