A quick, simple marinade that adds just the right amount of flavor to any piece of chicken.
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 cup parsley, leaves and stems, washed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- Place chicken breasts in a re-sealable plastic bag. Seal the bag and using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound the chicken until it’s a 1/2-inch thick.
- Combine the garlic, oil, parsley, water, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour marinade, along with lemon slices into the bag with the chicken and seal the bag. Toss to coat. Remove any excess air from the bag and place chicken in the refrigerator to marinate. (I recommend putting the chicken in another vessel, like a bowl or dish, to prevent any cross-contamination in your fridge.) Marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 4 hours.
- When ready to cook, remove chicken from the refrigerator and preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Clean the grill thoroughly and brush grates lightly with canola oil.
- Once the grill is hot, add the chicken. Grill until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165’F, about 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time. Let rest before slicing.
- This chicken is delicious on top of salads or pastas. It can even be used as a base for chicken salad, gyros or other sandwiches.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 319
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 241
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 14
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Protein: 36
- Cholesterol: 96