You can make miso soup at home! At guess what? It’s easier than you thought!
- 4 cups dashi
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 1/2 cup silken tofu, diced
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly on the bias
- Place dashi in a saucepan and set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer.
- Carefully remove 1 cup of dashi and place in a bowl or measuring cup. Gradually whisk in miso, 1 tablespoon at a time, making sure it’s completely dissolved before adding more. Once all miso has been added, return the mixture to the saucepan.
- Add the tofu and cook over medium heat until tofu is warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add green onion and enjoy.
If desired, add wakame seaweed (rehydrated) too.