A recipe for delicious guacamole that works every time!
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced in half and seeded
- 2 teaspoons -1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, finely chopped*
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped white or yellow onion**
- Scoop out the avocado flesh into a bowl and gently mash. Stir in the lime juice and salt. Mix in the cilantro, onion and jalapeño.
- Serve and enjoy!
- *If you prefer your guacamole less spicy, remove and discard the seeds and membrane from the jalapeño before chopping. Careful, those seeds are hot, so best to remove them with a spoon or knife.
- **Do raw onions bother you? Try soaking them in water first before adding them to your guacamole.
- Makes about 1 cup guacamole.
- Calories: 339
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 608
- Fat: 30
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 23
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 21
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 0