These butternut squash roost are the perfect little pancakes! Made with sage, parmesan cheese and walnuts, they make a hearty, flavorful side dish.
- 3 cups shredded butternut squash, about 12 ounces
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs (or all purpose gluten-free flour blend)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 200’F.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix throughly.
- Portion mixture using a 1/4 cup measure and shape into patties, no thicker than 1/4-inch.
- Set a 12-inch non-stick pan over medium-high heat, add half of the oil and half of the patties and cook 4 minutes per side. Remove to a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven to keep warm. Cook the remaining patties in the pan using the remaining oil.
- Serve garnished with plain Greek yogurt.
- These also taste delicious when you swap 1 teaspoon chili powder for fresh sage. Try using your other favorite spices too!
- This makes about 10 rosti.
- Serving Size: 5
- Calories: 184
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 386
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 43