This Roasted Butternut Squash Coconut Soup is smooth, creamy and packed with flavor!
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 2 ¼ pounds), seeded, peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups diced)
- ½ medium onion, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 ribs celery, large dice
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 4 cups no-salt-added vegetable broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
Preheat to oven to 400’F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and coat with oil or non-stick cooking spray.
Toss squash, onion, celery and carrots with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Spread out evenly on the prepared pan. Place the garlic on a square of foil, drizzle with 1 tsp oil, wrap up and place on the pan. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden and fork tender, stirring once halfway through cooking.
Remove pan from the oven. Transfer veggies to a large pot along with the garlic, ginger, coriander and cinnamon. Cook, stirring over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the brown sugar and vegetable broth and simmer for 10 minutes. Puree soup using a blender or stick blender. Stir in the coconut milk and lemon juice.
Portion into bowls and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Category: soup
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: soup, butternut squash, coconut