Ginger Pork Lettuce Wraps
I don’t know you guys. Life is just crazy right now and the only thing that’s keeping me sane is food. So, here I am, writing about food. Again. Let’s talk abut Ginger Pork Lettuce Wraps this time, shall we?
Here’s some not-quite-that-interesting info about me. I don’t make a lot of food that gets wrapped in lettuce. Probably because I never find it filling. Or perhaps I don’t like cleaning all of that lettuce while also making sure I don’t destroy it. I’m not the most patient person when it comes to that task. Efficiency doesn’t allow for much carefulness. 🙂 I prefer to be efficent.
But here’s the thing, I LOVE food wrapped in lettuce (when it’s satisfying, of course)! I find it so darn refreshing and fun to eat. Plus, like all of the food delivery systems I love, you can add so much flavor and color to it. What’s not to love about that? Keepin’ it fresh is where it’s at!
What’s inside really matters here. That’s why you’ve got to use bold flavors and you’ve got to create a filling that satsifies. That’s why I chose ginger. Such a fun flavor with a big, powerful vibe. It pairs perfectly with pork. Then top it with some saltiness and some lightly pickled carrots and you’ve got a dreamy lettuce wrap. Don’t belive me? Give it a try for yourself!Print
Crispy, full of flavor and super duper fresh! These Ginger Pork Lettuce Wraps are the perfect weeknight dinner solution.
- ¾ pound lean ground pork
- 2 large scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 sweet bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 recipe Pickled Carrots (below)
- 8 large lettuce leaves (bibb, for example)
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium heat and add the pork. Cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain any excess fat. Add the scallions and bell pepper and cook until crisp tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in the mustard, garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute more. Remove skillet from the heat and add the lime juice, hot sauce and soy sauce. Garnish with cilantro.
- Portion pork among lettuce leaves and top with Pickled Carrots. Roll up and enjoy!
2 medium carrots, peeled
¼ cup water
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1. Slice carrots paper thin. (Hint – use a mandolin or food processor to make this task easier.) Set aside.
2. Add the water, vinegar, sugar and salt to a pint-size jar and stir to combine. Add the carrots and push down to submerge under the liquid. Cover with a lid and refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: lettuce wraps, gluten-free, dinner idea, 20 minutes or less