Copycat Cranberry Bliss Bars
I’m a coffee-lover. And there just happens to be a Starbucks very close to where I live. So I visit often. It’s an expensive habit, but I’ve pared it down over the years. However, there is one item that I usually splurge on and that’s their Cranberry Bliss Bars. Chewy, sweet and perfect with coffee! But a recent visit left me thinking, “couldn’t I just make these myself?” The answer was yes, of course!
DIY Cranberry Bliss Bars
Listen, I love when I can have stuff just made for me and all I have to do is enjoy it. That’s simply magical to me. BUT, I also love a good challenge – especially a baking challenge. So after that most recent Star Dollars CBB experience I knew I owed it to myself to try it. So I did the reconnaissance and I think I came up with an even better version!
- Cream cheese I use it in the cookie part and the topping. My advice? Don’t buy anything but real cream cheese. Nothing else will taste as good.
- Ginger DYK there’s a bit of ground ginger in the SB version? There is! So of course, you’ll need to add that too!
- Dried cranberries The star of the show! I found that chopping them up helps disperse them throughout the bar. That means you get a bit of tart/sweet goodness in every bite!
- Orange If you’re game, I highly recommend adding a bit of chopped sugared orange peel to these. Make it yourself or buy it!
Tips and Other Ideas for my Copycat Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Giver yourself a bit of time with these! You’ll need to bake the bars first then allow them to cool before icing. No different than a cake really, so don’t be so impatient!
- Make the base layer and freeze it! Pull it out when you want to gift it or enjoy it and then make the topping.
- Experiment! Feel free to make your own flavor modifications! I personally think these would be lovely with some toasted walnuts or pecans.
Your Turn to Make It!
Okay, now you’ve got all of the information you need about these Copycat Cranberry Bliss Bars, so it’s time for you to make it! Don’t forget to share your creations with me on IG! Just tag me, @cookinRD and I’ll give you plently of love! Happy eating friends!
Looking for a recipe for the perfect copycat version of Cranberry Bliss Bars? This is it! And it’s a lot easier to make than you think!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ½ sticks (12 Tbsps.) butter, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 orange, zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- (sugared orange peel)
For the topping:
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup softened butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped dried cranberries
- ¼ cup melted white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350’F.
- Butter a 13×9 inch pan and line with parchment, leaving an overhang, then butter the parchment.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ginger together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and cream cheese together in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Scrape down the sides and add the brown sugar. Beat until fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the zest and vanilla. Scrape down sides again and add eggs, one at a time and beat until smooth. Mix in the flour mixture then add the cranberries and white chocolate chips.
Transfer to a prepared pan and bake until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
To make the topping:
Beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sugar, salt and vanilla extract and blend on low until combined. Increase speed and beat until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Spread over the top of the bars then top with chopped cranberries. Garnish with a drizzle of white chocolate, if desired. Slice into bars.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: dessert