Spiced Apple Cider Pork Tacos
Every day is worthy of a delicious taco. so whether you’re celebrating #tacoTuesday or just you know, Wednesday, you should give these Spiced Apple Cider Pork Tacos a try!
You all know I love tacos. I mean, I wrote a whole cookbook about them. And I’m still experimenting with them. I love this recipe because it’s really easy to make and it comes together pretty quickly. Plus, I love that it’s different. I mean, it has apples in it! But I think you’ll find they’re a fun addition – a nice contrast to all of that spice.
- Pork I use boneless pork chops here, but you could easily use any cut of pork here. And if you’re not in the mood for pork, try chicken or beef. Or skip the meat and go with tofu!
- Corn tortillas I personally love corn tortillas for this recipe, but if flour tortillas make you happy, use them instead.
- Apple cider Apple cider is pure joy. But if you don’t have access to it, fear not! Apple juice is a fine substitute here.
- Spices Do yourself a favor and buy good spices. They taste better and that’s what eating is all about. Life is too short for crappy spices.
Tips and Other Ideas for my Spiced Apple Cider Pork Tacos
- Skip the tortillas and serve it over brown rice or even a bowl full of mixed greens and load on the toppings!
- Make extra and freeze it! It’s delicious re-heated and enjoyed as quesadillas or as a topping for nachos!
- Pair it with your favorite cerveza! Beer is this tacos best friend.
Your Turn to Make It!
Okay, now you’ve got all of the information you need about these Spiced Apple Cider Pork Tacos, so it’s time for you to make it! Don’t forget to share your creations with me on IG! Just tag me, @cookinRD and I’ll give you plently of love! Happy eating friends!Print
Spiced Apple Cider Pork Tacos
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
Spices, apples and pork make for great tacos! Try this easy and fast recipe for my Spiced Apple Cider Pork Taocs and find out for yourself!
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 packed teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 pound boneless pork chops, thinly sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (canola or grapeseed will work)
- ¼ cup dried apples, chopped
- ¾ cup apple juice or apple cider
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced into sticks (any variety will work)
- 2–3 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup diced white onion or pickled red onions
- ¼ cup crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- 1 lime, quartered
- Combine the chili powders, cumin, brown sugar, salt and black pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add the sliced pork and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours before cooking.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil looks wavy, add the pork and cook, stirring occasionally, to brown on all sides, 5 minutes. Add dried apples, cook one more minute.Remove pork from skillet and keep warm.
- Add apple juice and vinegar to the skillet, stirring and scraping the bottom to release any bits stuck there. Continue to cook until liquid starts to thicken and reduce, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in hot sauce. Add cooked pork back to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Portion pork among warmed tortillas and top with apple, radishes, cilantro, onion, cheese and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 30 minutes - 24 hours for marinating:
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Tacos