Apple Crumble Granola
It’s like if apple pie and granola joined up and said, “yeah, let’s do this!” More granola than dessert, but hey, this Apple Crumble Granola is definitely something you can enjoy any time of day!
A Granola For Everyone
If you’re looking for a granola that everyone will love, then this Apple Crumble Granola is it. Why? Because it’s got just the right amount of sweet, spice and crunch. It’s everything that granola should be. That means there’s nothing to dislike. Sounds pretty great, doesn’t it?
How to Enjoy It
Well, that’s kind of up to you. Ha! But, if I could recommend a few ways, here’s what I would do:
- Add it to your yogurt. This one is pretty classic, but it’s always a winner.
- Use it as a topping for ice cream. I know, I love hot fudge too, but a scoop of this on your ice cream is FABULOUS!
- Throw some on your salad! Yes, that’s right. Especially a salad that has a bunch of fall flavors in it. It’ll add the perfect crunch.
- Use it in your smoothie bowl. Are people still eating those? 🙂 Ha! Well, if you are, good for you. Fall-i-fy yours by adding this granola!
- Just eat some…with a glass of milk. 🙂
Time to Make Granola!
Yes, that’s right, now it’s YOUR turn! I promise you’ll love this one! Oh, and don’t forget to share your creations with me on IG! Just tag me, @cookinRD and I’ll give you plently of love! Happy eating friends!Print
The perfect fall flavors (think cinnamon and apples) come together in this lightly sweetened, perfectly crunchy Apple Crumble Granola.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tabespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons canola or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried or dehydrated apples, diced
- Preheat the oven to 325’F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir the oats, pecans, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Combine the honey, butter, oil and vanilla extract in a measuring cup. Microwave for 20 seconds at high heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture. Toss to coat (take a few seconds to make sure everything is well coated) then spread mixture evenly out onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden and toasted, about 25-30 minutes, rotating the pan once halfway through cooking time (but NOT stirring).
- Move pan to a wire rack. Let cool completely then store in an air-tight container.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: breakfast