Passionfruit Tea Lemonade
It was hot. I was sweating. I was thirsty. There was a Starbucks. I needed something to drink, but definitely NOT coffee. What was I going to do? Well, I was also super indecisive, so I ended up asking the barista and she said, “how about our passionfruit lemonade iced tea?” And I said, “yes, that’s perfect!” But the $5 price tag was not. I downed it and promised myself I would never buy that drink again because I knew I could replicate it! And I did with this Passionfruit Tea Lemonade!
Luckily, it doesn’t require a degree in chemistry or a bunch of time to create this fabulous drink. And like almost 100% of my other recipes, this one is totally customizable. Because some days you need a little more sugar or a little more lemon. Right?
- Passionfruit Tea Of course you could use any fruity tea here and that would also be yummy, but I happen to love passionfruit tea. My brand of choice is Tazo, but I know there are plenty of other good ones out there.
- Lemons You’re going to need whole lemons for this and don’t even think about buying that jarred juice stuff. Fresh juice is where it’s at! Plus, fresh lemon slices make it look a lot prettier!
- Simple syrup It’s literally 1 part sugar to 1 part water and then you warm it in a pot until the sugar dissolves. But it’s a game-changer when it comes to sweetening your beverages.
Tips and Other Ideas
- Make a big batch! I love making up a big batch of this to keep in my refrigerator. Fill a glass with ice and lemon slices and you’re ready for serious enjoyment.
- Pick a different tea! As I mentioned above, there are plenty of other great teas that you could use here too. Experiment and have fun!
- Personalize it! Make your own tweaks to the recipe to suit your needs. I personally don’t love super sweet drinks, so I tend to not over-do it with the simple syrup. Taste it as you go and adjust what you need to because it’s meant for you to enjoy!
Your Turn to Make It!
Okay, now you’ve got all of the information you need about this Passionfruit Tea Lemonade, so it’s time for you to make it! Don’t forget to share your creations with me on IG! Just tag me, @cookinRD and I’ll give you plently of love! Happy eating friends!Print
Passionfruit Tea Lemonade
DYK that it’s super easy to make a flavorful tea right at home? And you can sip it all week long! Cheers to this Passionfruit Tea Lemonade.
For the tea concentrate
- 6 passionfruit tea bags
- 4 cups boiling water
For the simple syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
For the lemonade
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- lemons, sliced
- Add tea bags to boiling water and let steep for 8 minutes.
- Combine the sugar and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and add the simple syrup. Stir to combine. Let cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, stir in lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
- Pour and equal amount of concentrate and water into glass with ice and stir to combine. Garnish with lemon slices.