Spicy Grilled Vegetable Tacos
My brain is completely stuffed with tacos. Every single time I try to think of something besides tacos, I think of tacos. And it makes sense, considering my cookbook, Taco! Taco! Taco! just dropped (that makes me sound like a hip pop star, right? No? HA!). So, you would think I would be creating a recipe for something other than tacos, but nope, I’m not. I’ve had this weird craving for tacos stuffed with veggies, so yep, I came up with these Spicy Grilled Vegetable Tacos.
Really Sara, MORE tacos?
Oh man, I know! You thought I was done, right? Well, honestly, I did too. But the reality of it is, I really do love tacos. I’m not pulling a fast one on you when I say that I think they are the perfect food. So yes, I guess that means I’m going to keep making them.
Grilled Vegetable Tacos are PERFECT for summer!
Yeah, I know it’s technically not summer right now, but with this weather, it sure feels like summer. And this warm weather will be here to stay pretty soon. Since I know you love to fire up your grill as much as I do, I figured why not give you a recipe to help you do just that? Nothing’s better than cooking outside, right?
Flavorful marinade to the rescue!
These aren’t just plain grilled vegetables. While I do appreciate that simplicity, I also know that building flava’ is half the fun. That’s why I created a spicy marinade for these veggies. Lots of cilantro, some garlic and some jalapeño really make these veggie tacos a delicious treat!
Yes, it’s your turn! Get that grill ready because it’s time to make some Spicy Grilled Vegetable Tacos! Tell me what you think! I’d love to hear your comments below! Want more tacos? You’ll find more on my site and in my new cookbook.Print
Spicy Grilled Vegetable Tacos
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
You won’t find these Spicy Grilled Vegetable Tacos in Taco! Taco! Taco! Consider this my summer taco gift to you! Because what’s better than grilled food in the summer!
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped jalapeño
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 portobello mushroom caps, gills and stems removed
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into planks
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and cut into planks
- 1 zucchini, cut into planks
- 1 yellow squash, cut into planks
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 ears corn, husked, silks removed
- 8 corn or whole grain tortillas, warmed
- toppings: avocado, salsa, plain Greek yogurt, cilantro
- Place all of the marinade ingredients in a blender or small food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into a re-sealable gallon-size plastic bag. Add the mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, squash and onion. Seal the bag and rotate gently to coat the vegetables in the marinade. Place in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- When ready to grill, preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Clean and oil grates. Remove vegetables from marinade and tap to remove excess. Reserve the marinade. Place mushrooms on prepared grill, gill side up and cook 10 minutes. Flip the caps and add remaining veggies and corn. Grill for another 10 minutes, flipping once halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from grill and let cool slightly. Chop veggies into bite-size pieces. Cut corn kernels from the cob. Serve in warmed tortillas topped with avocado, salsa and yogurt.
I love all of the veggies!
Yum! I would gladly eat tacos (almost) every day 🙂 Love
all thof veggies~perfect for summer!
I am loving how summer-y these are! The grilled vegetables look absolutely delicious and they are so colorful. I cannot wait to try these out 🙂
I love tacos SO much, and these look AMAZING! Those onions are just the way I like them too! 🙂
Sounds amazing! Veggie tacos are so yummy and a great way to eat lots of veggies in one meal.
Tacos are the best! And these look like no exception!