Strawberry-Peach Spinach Salad
Do you have big salad dreams? Maybe not, but I do! In fact, I pretty much daydream about food all day. But I’m weird like that. A recent salad daydream became reality! I had just scored some yummy peaches and strawberries and was determined to find a way to use them. Salad? Yes! Strawberry Peach Spinach Salad, to be exact!
Fruit In Your Salad
Not everyone loves fruit in their salad, but I sure do! Especially when the fruit is fresh, at it’s peak and hence, super delicious. While I love to eat that fruit just as it is, I also really enjoy the fresh pop of sweetness it provides in salad. It can be a nice balance to a green, leafy salad or something with a bit of bitterness. Yum!
Strawberry Peach Spinach Salad
Beyond those peaches and strawberries, I also always have a bunch of spinach on hand. Luckily, spinach goes so well with fruit! Add a yummy dressing, some nuts and goat cheese and well, you’ve got a dreamy salad on your hands! This one is perfect as a side dish, but you could also top with with some cooked chicken to make it a hearty meal!
Now YOU Make It!
Yes, now it’s your turn! I wasn’t kidding when I said it was easy to make. The hardest thing you have to do measure and chop a few ingredients! Once you make it, snap and pic and share it with me! I’d love to see your version! And if you want to watch me make it, head on over to my Instagram account or YouTube! Enjoy!
Add a little sweetness to your salad with fresh, summer fruit! There’s so much to love about this Strawberry Peach Spinach Salad!
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ small shallot, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 8 strawberries, sliced
- 1 large peach, sliced thin
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- ½ avocado, diced
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, maple syrup and vinegar. Whisk in the oil then add the shallot and basil. Season with black pepper and salt to taste. Alternatively, dressing can be made in a small food processor. Place all ingredients in the processor and pulse until combined.
- Place the spinach on the bottom of a large serving bowl or plate. Top with strawberries, peach slices, goat cheese, pecans and avocado. Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine.