Super Easy Graham Cracker Pancakes
So, I’m kind of up to something at the moment. Mums the word, but I’ll be sharing the deets soon, I promise. In the meantime, I’m treating you to these summer-inspired Graham Cracker Pancakes!
There’s Always Time for Breakfast
If you know me, you know I’m a creature of habit, especially when it comes to breakfast. I religiously eat 2 pieces of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and jelly with ground flax seed sprinkled on top EVERY DAY. Oh my, it seems so wrong and I can’t believe I do it either, but it’s seriously the only thing that works for me. I need sustainable energy, and this breakfast wins every time!
But, There’s the Weekend
Ok, so yes, I adore that toast, but yes, of course I’m human and sometimes I do want to switch it up. Granted that only happens about 1 time each week, but hey, that’s just me. So, when I get “crazy” I go for pancakes, waffles or eggs. You can’t beat those breakfast foods, can you? I know, they are so good. And while I love the trusted and true recipes, I like to branch out.
Graham Cracker Pancakes
To bust out of toast rut, I always like to experiment when it comes to the weekend breakfast. Now don’t let me fool you, I’m not throwing crickets or anything in my food, but I just like something a little different. So, in honor of summer and my love for graham crackers, I’ve made you some pretty tasty and easy to love Graham Cracker Pancakes! Oh yes I did. And I guarantee you’ll love them. And go crazy, top them with chocolate and marshmallow Fluff. Or just top with a little drizzle of pure maple syrup. Or my personal fav, with a swipe of peanut butter and some sliced strawberries! Yum!Print
Super Easy Graham Cracker Pancakes
Sometimes you want breakfast to taste like a treat. But you have to go crazy. Try these Graham Cracker Pancakes for a fun twist on breakfast!
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, vanilla and brown sugar. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir gently until combined.
- Heat non-stick pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Once hot, spray with non-stick cooking spray and drop pancakes onto hot pan using a 1/8 or a half-filled 1/4 cup measuring cup, spread out into a 4-inch circle. Cook on the first side until batter begins to bubble, then flip and cook the other side an additional 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
Serves 5, 2 pancakes each
Ohhh my, this sounds FANTASTIC!!! You had me at Graham crackers… and pancakes!! YUMM!!
Ha! Right? You can’t beat that combo!
My daughter would LOVE these! She had a s’mores crepe at the beach this weekend and was in heaven 🙂
Oh yum! I love the idea of a s’mores crepe! I’d be in heaven too!
My boys would love these! Pinned for later. Thanks for the great recipe. 🙂
Oh yay! I hope they like them and you do too! 🙂
These would be a great breakfast for my family when we’re up in the mountains. Although not the healthiest, they’d be delicious with nutella or chocolate peanut butter 😉
Yes! They are delicious with a little smear of PB! And how about some shaved dark chocolate? 🙂
What a creative idea! There are s’mores waffles on the menu at my favorite diner.. but those are more like dessert. I’d rather haev yours for breakfast!
Love that your diner has s’mores waffles! Hope you get the chance to try these pancakes!
S’mores were my faaaavorite summer treat growing up! Love this way to enjoy them without having to start a fire outside and get all sticky!
Right? S’mores are so good!!! And nope, no fire required! 🙂