It’s almost Labor Day and you need a dessert recipe ASAP. It’s time to prep the grill and make this recipe for Grilled Citrus-Scented Bananas.
This recipe makes use of bananas, a delicious and relatively inexpensive fruit, that also packs a nutritious punch. Once grilled, bananas turn even sweeter, thanks to the caramelization happening from the heat. Sprinkle the bananas with a touch of cinnamon and orange zest and you’ve turned the basic banana into a sophisticated dessert.
Grilled Citrus-Scented Bananas
A simple, grilled dessert that will please any palate!
- 4 large bananas, no speckles on skin, washed with skin-on
- 1 tsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- ground cinnamon, for dusting
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp toasted, sliced almonds
- Cut the bananas in half length-wise (leaving the skin on), then in half width-wise. You will have 4 quarter-pieces of banana.
- Combine the butter, honey and orange juice in a small bowl. Brush mixture onto the exposed banana halves and top with a little dash of ground cinnamon.
- Place the bananas on the grill cut-side down and cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until bananas have grill marks. Flip over and cook until the bananas are warmed through. The bananas are done when the skin starts to pull away from the fruit.
- Serve in the peel and garnish with orange zest and almonds.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 11
- Sodium: 1
- Fat: 2
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 1